Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Delicious Salsa


I went on family vacation last month and never got myself out of summer mode. Summer in Minnesota is so amazing though, you have to soak it up while it lasts. So in the spirit of perfect summer evenings, I'm giving you the recipe for the only thing I want to eat this season: fresh salsa. Definitely not reinventing the wheel here, just fresh and simple deliciousness. Right now the peppers are coming from my backyard garden (Hungarian wax peppers and sweet banana peppers), and hopefully later this season so will the tomatoes and onions.

Fresh Salsa

3 large tomatoes
1/2 yellow onion
2-3 hot peppers (depending on their heat and how hot you like your salsa)
1/2 bunch cilantro

Chop everything, toss it in a bowl with:

kosher salt, to taste
1 lime, juiced

I love this with literally EVERYTHING, most notably piled on black beans or huevos rancheros.

No comments:

Post a Comment