Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Break Project 09


My project for last year's Christmas Break was to learn to knit, which I kind of did. Anything in a straight(ish) line. (Read: a scarf.)

Not understanding my handicap, this year the husb asked if I would knit him some lobster claw gloves. Being a cyclist and generally adventurous, mittens tend to get in his way. (As part of his petition, he even demonstrated how dangerous it is to drive a car wearing standard mittens.) This project required nerves of steel, your basic math skills, and four knitting needles, but once I figured it out, I was pretty happy with myself. As was Mr. Adventurepants.

You try it.

OOPS: When I first posted this, I forgot to give the photo credit to my one of my great friends of all time, Pavel Romaniko, who was visiting for the holidays when I finished this project. Besides being an all-around nice guy and fantastic artist, Pavel also makes a top-notch pelmeni.

3 comments:

  1. Nice job. If you really get into knitting, you should check out Ravelry. It's a fiber arts social networking site with some really great pattern resources. And I'll be your Ravelry friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome! I'm stoked to see photos and that they're being put to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bekah, not sure if you remember me or not (Celeste Jones) from Pilly (Think Cal's on Wed nights). I followed TC's link from his blog. Yeah, another knitter is in the world!

    I agree on Ravelry. Excellent source for patterns and info. I've been on there for a couple of years now.

    Oh, and awesome gloves!

    ReplyDelete