Thursday, November 11, 2010

Cozies for Cyclocross!


Last weekend was the fourth annual VeloCX, or the National Sports Center Velodrome Cyclocross, hosted by the always awesome Behind Bars/Little Guy Racing Cycling Team. Since my husband and (unofficially) both my little dudes ride for the team, I decided R is R should support the scene this year. For the event I designed this custom cozy and then made 12 of them. (In one day. What is wrong with me?) Since weather is unpredictable during the CX season, I made them all out of repurposed wool scraps. A snappy little coat for your beer! The logo on the cozies is an actual cyclocross tire track in screenprint ink, over which I embroidered the race lettering.

The race itself was pretty great. For November we had a decent day, no rain, no snow, just lots of sun and wind. And the sponsors ponied up for a giant inflatable bouncy thing, free beer, brats, and coffee. Good times. My kids raced the juniors' race, but the husb was still recovering from a broken rib, so he spent the day behind his camera. Good news for you, see his shots from the race HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment