Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Face Cozy + Stag Satchel

Not that long ago my sister had a birthday, and I made her some stuff. My sister is awesome, and I'm really bad at birthdays, so I wanted to make this one totally great. First, I got this crazy thought to embroider her face onto a beer cozy. I wasn't sure if I could pull it off, but in its idea-form inside of my brain, it really looked rad, so I tried. As it turns out: vacation photo + iron-on transfer pencil + hot pink wool fabric = sweet face cozy. As for the benefits of having your own face on a beer cozy, well, those are pretty much endless.

After I finished that, I kind of wanted to stitch something else. I'd picked up this herringbone wool fabric at a yard sale for like a quarter, and I kept looking at it sitting there on my work table. So the night before cake day, I cut out and quilted the body of a bag, and embroidered the flap with the antler design my sister really liked from my MN Love series.




And then on cake day I made an enormous slab of chocolate cake layered with peanut butter mousse and covered in dark chocolate ganache. Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment