Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sweater Squirrels

In December I made a family of sweater bunnies for a custom order. They were cute. And I loved the project so much, that when a couple of close friends recently welcomed new babies into their respective tribes, I decided to make squirrel versions as older sibling gifts for the girls in each family. I didn't get a chance to photograph the red squirrels, but here is a sampling of the gray squirrel family.




This time, since I had the luxury of knowing the recipient families, I was able to customize the squirrels to individual family members. Like a tiny wool flannel for the squirrel version of a dad who wears the same.

It was this aspect that made the project especially fun, so if you've ever wondered what you'd look like as a squirrel, well, let's talk.


Acorns, in place of the bunnies' carrot, make homes and carrying-cases for the squirrel families. But hands-down, my favorite part about this whole thing: tiny curling squirrel tails.



At the moment these custom creatures are only made to order, but I can't even express how much I love making these. Any inquiries on the orders can be directed to my email: bekah@recyclingisrad.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment