Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Fall Cozies

Radiant MN and Blue Antler Beer Cozies



Two new cozies just made their way into my Etsy shop, wooly and plaid since it's fall.  I both love and hate the season for everything it brings my way.  The colder temps chase me out of the weather more often than not, but I try to get out there whenever I can stand it...no snow on the ground yet!  So for all the true diehards still hanging on in backyards across the Midwest, clutching their beers with icy hands, these cozies are for you. 


Blue Antlers Wool Beer Cozy

Radiant MN Wool Beer Cozy

Both stitch designs come from my MN Love Series.  The state is pretty obvious, I know.  As for the antlers, well, technically I guess you can and should love the antler aesthetic wherever you're from.  But I like to think that growing up in the Midwest, all those trophy mounts my friends' dads had hung all over their paneled basements, nutured an especially soft spot in my heart for the sentimental kitsch of it.  But it's true, antlers are just beautiful.

Radiant MN and Blue Antlers Wool Beer Cozies




 I also chose fabrics that seemed most fitting to my home state and region--wool plaid.  The burly orange and green wool was a sadly moth-eaten (and possibly accidentally shrunk in someone's laundry?  It was strangely misshapen.) jacket, and the grey plaid was a grandma's wool skirt, a homemade one at that.  Since both items were no longer useful in their current states, I was happy to send them on to their next life.   Of beer-hugging awesomeness!

Blue Antlers Detail


No comments:

Post a Comment